Before ordering our concrete security blocks and barriers, we recommend you read through our top tips below and get ahead of the game.
Money saving tips:
- If you are going to use them for a long time, buying could be cheaper BUT concrete barriers are heavy so you'll need a machine to move them, and somewhere to store them. The cost of hiring a machine plus the cost of storage might make concrete barrier hire a better option.
- Fill the lorry. We can get 14 size A or B blocks on a lorry, its much cheaper to fill one lorry than take 2 smaller loads.
- If you only need a few concrete barriers, you can collect them yourself. Provided you have a suitable vehicle/trailer we will load for you FOR FREE. We are based close to the A1 and are easily accessible from all directions.
- Using the concrete barriers again? You may be better off ordering a mixture of sizes for future flexibility.
Hassle saving tips:
- Check your insurance - not just for theft or damage, but liability insurance, so you're covered if someone claims your concrete barrier caused them damage or inconvenience
- Concrete barriers are designed to be heavy and awkward to move. Although we have 1 ton blocks for smaller spaces, check your site is accessible for delivery for the barriers you require - sometimes 2 small blocks are better than one big one!
For information on preparing for the delivery of your blocks visit our site preparation page.